Wednesday, February 01, 2017
My goodness, where has the time gone?
The last time we gave you news from Opening Act Films, Donald Trump wasn't yet president. What a time to be alive.
So, to get you up to speed, here are the highlights for what our 2016 looked like at Opening Act Films:
- In March, we held the cast and crew screening for our new film, 'Dedo', which SBS Radio also attended (LINK)
- In early April, we started production on our new film '12.12.12'
- Also in April, I was interviewed in the Western Weekender newspaper about our new film '12.12.12' (LINK)
- Still in April, our film 'Chip' was selected for 58th Rochester International Film Festival in Rochester, New York. For the festival I was interviewed on NPR Rochester radio (LINK)
- Upon returning from the U.S. we launched a successful crowdfunding campaign for our new film 'Pilè' which eventually raised $16K
- In June, our friend and collaborator on 'Dedo' and 'Pilè', Tony Radevski, was interviewed by SBS Radio about our two films (LINK)
- From August, we started pre-production on 'Pilè', including the difficult task of finding a regional location
- In October, we held the cast and crew screening for '12.12.12', which was a roaring success
- Later in October, we had a three day, intense, location-based film shoot for 'Pilè' in the Wolgan Valley
- Finally, in December, we were excited to find out 'Dedo' had been selected for the Oscar-accredited short film festival, Flickerfest. (LINK)
All told, between shooting two films, a U.S. trip for a film festival, and life in general, 2016 was seismic in proportions.
Our sincerest gratitude to all of our collaborators, friends and supporters, for helping Opening Act Films thrive in 2016.