Sunday, November 04, 2018
'12.12.12' is going to Chicago!
After successful screenings in L.A. and Kansas City, '12.12.12' is making it's way to the well-regarded 15th Chicago International REEL Shorts Film Fest.
We are thrilled to be selected, and hope that the Chicago audience responds to the film.
The screening is this Saturday 10th November at the Chicago Filmmakers Theater. Full details at: http://www.projectchicago.com/saturday-nov-10
Monday, July 23, 2018
After years of development with writer/director Tonnette Stanford and Executive Producer Zayn Buksh, our web series ROMP (Love Bytes, season 2) has received post-production funding from Screen Australia.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the journey of making ROMP, especially to Rosie Lourde and Screen Australia for helping us make this new season a reality.
For more information, visit: https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/sa/media-centre/news/2018/07-18-screen-australia-$17-million-23-projects
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Great news - our film Pilè is screening at the 2018 St Kilda Film Festival!
Congratulations to our writer/director Tony Radevski, and our amazing cast and crew.
Our session is Saturday, 26 May 2018, 2:00PM - 3:30PM, and we'll be there to represent the film. Feel free to come and say hello.
More details: https://stkildafilmfestival.com.au/film/pile/
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
More good news for '12.12.12'!
This week, our collaborator James Crisp (writer/director) will be there in person to present 12.12.12 at the festival. We're sending supercharged good vibes from Australia for a great screening!
Full details at: https://kcfilmfest.org/product/12-12-12-sunday/
Monday, March 12, 2018
Saturday, January 20, 2018
Our latest collaboration with Choppy Productions (James Crisp) has been selected for the respected Firstglance Film Festival, in Los Angeles. Named one of the 'Top Rated Film Festivals' on Film Freeway, and one of the “50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee” by Movie Maker Magazine, we are looking forward to being there as '12.12.12' makes its debut.
Thanks to our wonderful production team and supporters who made '12.12.12' possible!
Sunday, December 17, 2017
So much has been happening here at Opening Act Films, we've simply not had the time to talk about it. Fishing, rather than talking about fish, so to speak.
So, for the curious of heart about what we've been up to, here are the highlights for 2017 at Opening Act Films:
- In early January, our film 'Dedo' screened at the Oscar-accredited film festival, Flickerfest (LINK)
- Then, in late January, 'Dedo' had its broadcast premiere on the ABC in Australia (LINK)
- Keeping rolling in January, we announced the completion of our film '12.12.12' (LINK)
- By April, it was time for the cast and crew screening of our new film 'Pilè'
- Our founder, Pete Ireland, had his 35th birthday in June, around the same time we were informed our film 'Pilè' had been pre-selected for the Venice Film Festival. A huge honour, despite the fact we didn't eventually make the final festival selection.
- In July, we were thrilled to be selected for Screen Australia funding and development of our long form concept (in collaboration with our friend Tony Radevski at Runtime Pictures) 'Risen' (LINK)
- Shortly after, in September, we received word that our film 'Pilè' had been selected for the 24th Oldenburg International Film Festival, described as 'Top Five Film Festivals worldwide' by the Ultimate Festival Guide, voted one of the '25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World' by Moviemaker Magazine, and labelled 'the German Sundance' by the Hollywood Reporter (LINK)
- In October, 'Pilè' screened at the 12th Annual Macedonian Film Festival in Toronto, Canada
- Also in October, we rolled into production on a five day shoot for the 'Risen' short film/pilot.
- In November we started assembling a brilliant cast for our new project 'Romp' (in collaboration with our friend Tonnette Stanford) (LINK)
- Then, in December we were delighted to hear 'Pilè' has been selected for the Oscar-accredited short film festival, Flickerfest, screening on Sunday 14 January, 2018. (LINK)
It's been an incredible year of highs and lows. Thanks to every one of our collaborators and supporters for making 2017 a true creative adventure.